[lazarus] BringToFront

Vincent Snijders vrs at dds.nl
Fri Jun 2 14:18:46 EDT 2000

> > I give up on this. I can't find out how to do this. gdk (or gtk) doesn't
> > seem to have a SetForegroundWindow function to activate the application
if
> > it is currently not the active application.
>

> did you try gdk_window_raise?

I did try it, but not correctly. Just tonight a gave it an other try, but it
does only part of the job. It brings the window passed to gdk_window_raise
to the front, but only if the application is active. I think shane wants it
to be on top, also if the application is not running in the foreground
currently. So how can you force the task switching bit?

I haven't tried it, but iirc the application.bringtofront in Delphi brings
the application to the foreground. That is the functionality I want.

Vincent Snijders