[lazarus] FCL and RegisterComponents

Peter Dyson peter at skel.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 2 13:15:12 EST 2000

Can someone tell me why RegisterComponents is
implemented the way it is?
As I see it, a unit ahould be able to be compiled
directly into an application without it being added
to the toolbar, after that is how we create and debug
the things. Also compiled programs should not be
running the implementation code at all, which it would
in the current scheme.

I suggest putting a dummy proc
procedure RegisterComponents(const Page: string; Components: array of
Pointer);
in something like vclglobals to take care of the executable problem
and then when the IDE uses the Install Component it calls the current
fcl implementation as InternalRegisterComponents, which then takes
care of all the IDE/Component relationships.

Peter