[lazarus] Documentation added to the site

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Thu Mar 16 02:24:15 EST 2000

Curtis White wrote:

> But there is a simple problem with the way our files are setup and
> pasdoc (unless someone has fixed this since the last time I looked at
> pasdoc). That is that pasdoc does not pick up the .inc files. So it
> grabs all the documentation out of the .pp files but misses the .inc
> files. Most of the procedures are documented in the .inc files. Like I
> said, maybe this has been fixed since last I looked at pasdoc, but if
> not, then that is probably why the documentation looks really thin.

It picks up the .inc files but our .inc files are just of the
implementation portion of the code. If I understand how Pasdoc works it
is pulling it's information from the interface portion of the code. So
in other words it isn't even trying to read any information in the .inc
files.

It would be nice if it could pull procedure and function descriptions
from the implementation section since this would make the code cleaner
to read. Putting complex descriptions with in the class definition seems
to get somewhat messy to me. Maybe Marco can look into that when he gets
back into Pasdoc in about a week or so.

The above is the reason why the Pasdoc output is rather thin. While some
documentation has been done in the implementation sections, where the
procedures are placed, the interface sections are largely devoid of any
comments or descriptions.

I plan on taking one set of files say buttons.pp or dialog.pp and edit
that as an example of what needs to be done to work with Pasdoc. I'll
announce when I have that done and commited.