[lazarus] Developer howto-0.91 up to date?

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Thu Mar 30 14:26:55 EST 2000

At 20:31 30-03-2000 +0200, Florian Klaempfl wrote:
>Jarto Tarpio schrieb:
> >
> > I tried compiling Lazarus to see if I could contribute
> > but can't get it compiled. I followed the developer howto
> > for Linux.
> >
> > First of all, the compiler cycled nicely when I first
> > realised that I had to copy the lib/blabal/units-dir also from
> > the released compiler to /opt/fpc/units.

Make sure your /opt/fpc/units (or if you copied them to
/opt/fpc/units/  linux) is in your units path

> > Now, I have /opt/fpc in my path and FPCDIR set. But when I go
> > to fcl and run make, I get:

[SNIP}

> > sysutils.o and sysutils.ppu are in opt/fpc/units/linux and they are up
> to date.
>
>I think they should be in /opt/fpc/rtl/linux, i.e. just checkout the
>compiler, i.e. the units generated from make cycle should be in in that
>directory, so the easiest way is to checkout to /opt/fpc/rtl and
>/opt/fpc/compiler

To copy them to the units dir makes lazarus development a bit easier. That
way you don't have to cycle the compiler if if you do a cvs update on all
(ocf course you can do an update of lazarus alone)

Marc