[lazarus] New Makefiles

Marc Weustink marc at lazarus.dommelstein.net
Sun Sep 10 16:05:35 EDT 2000

Hi,
I made some changes to the Makefiles:

* Updated makefiles for FPC release 1.0  binary units
     Some makefiles still pointed to the FPC sources. This
     is no longer needed

* Changed creation, now LCL unit distributions are possible
     I let the idea go that the interface can be created as a
     separate unit.  The interfaces (TGTKObject) is to much
     involved with the LCL that you can't compile it without
     LCL and you cant compile the LCL without interfaces.
     It is one piece, so the makefiles for interfaces and GTK
     are removed.

* Moved interfaces.pp from LCL to interface dirs
     In interfaces.pp the InterfaceObject was declared based
     upon defines. Since we separated the interface dirs,
     interfaces.pp is declared in each interface dir without
     the need for defines

Using the compiled units:
   In your ppc386.cfg (as you got it from the binary FPC
   installation) add the following line

    -Fu/usr/src/lazarus/lcl/units

   Or wherever you have placed your lazarus files.

Known problems:
   The compiler still has a unit dependency problem. To get LCL units
   which doesn't need to recompile, the LCL has to be made 6 times.
   This is (as a temp hack) handled by the makefiles.

Marc