[lazarus] Hello from new user.

Chris Bruner cbruner at ionline.net
Tue Sep 19 01:14:34 EDT 2000

I've been watching this project for a while now, and am going to try to find
time to get involved. I REALLY like the idea of write once port to whatever
OS you want. I'm a big Delphi fan, and am also a Linux fan...(you know the
rest).

I was beginning to think that this project was dead, but I'm happy to see by
the mailing list that it's not.

OK, so I've downloaded the source, I've downloaded the freepascal, (should I
be able to compile the source in Delphi?!) and I've downloaded cygwin. (I'm
trying to build a windows compile).

I've also installed all these beasts, but when I try to compile the lazarus
(using cygwin), it gives me errors. The last few lines of the make are as
follows:

Compiling interfaces.pp
Compiling .\interfaces\gtk\gtkint.pp
Fatal: Can't find unit GTK
make[1]: *** [allunits.exe] Error 1
make: *** [lcl_all] Error 2

I've also downloaded python (which I believe include gtk stuff), and I've
got gtk stuff in my c:\windows directory.  What's it looking for?

Best Regards,

Chris Bruner
cbruner at ionline.net