[lazarus] Hello from new user.

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Tue Sep 19 04:39:28 EDT 2000

+ From: Chris Bruner [mailto:cbruner at ionline.net]

+ OK, so I've downloaded the source, I've downloaded the
+ freepascal, (should I be able to compile the source in Delphi?!)

In later stages....maybe. Now the libraries are compiled with fpcspecific
behaviour

+ and I've downloaded cygwin. (I'm trying to build a windows compile).
+
+ I've also installed all these beasts, but when I try to compile the
lazarus
+ (using cygwin), it gives me errors. The last few lines of the
+ make are as follows:
+
+ Compiling interfaces.pp
+ Compiling .\interfaces\gtk\gtkint.pp
+ Fatal: Can't find unit GTK
+ make[1]: *** [allunits.exe] Error 1
+ make: *** [lcl_all] Error 2

+ I've also downloaded python (which I believe include gtk
+ stuff), and I've got gtk stuff in my c:\windows directory.
+ What's it looking for?

It can't find the gtk.ppw
It is distributed with fpc. I don't know where it is placed, but your
ppc386.cfg should point to it.

Marc