[lazarus] Compiling lazarus in win98,

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Thu Sep 21 08:00:44 EDT 2000

+ From: Compulife [mailto:cbruner at compulife.com]

+ Now onto the next problem.  After compiling several screenfuls of messages
+ (mostly hints about static libraries, but also the "could not open the
+ buttons.ppw" etc messages). It came to
+
+ Target OS: Win32 for i386
+ Compiling lazarus.pp
+ interfacebase.pp(31,8) Fatal: Can't find unit INTERFACEBASE
+ make.exe[1]: *** [lazarus.exe] Error 1
+ make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `d:/lazarus'
+ make.exe: *** [ide] Error 2

Oops, it seems that for the compilation of lazarus, the 6 times compilation
of the LCL isn't enough (If everything had worked OK a one time compiled LCL
should be enough to compile Lazarus)

Try to issue a make lcl in the lazarus dir. If everything is ok you should
see no recompilation of other units. If so, issue a make lcl again (and
again and again)

After that issue make components

finally make ide

now you should have lazarus.

+ OK, I'm feeling really green right now. I'm a good delphi/c/C++
programmer,
+ but I come from the windows world, and I'm having a hard time
understanding
+ how to configure this stuff.  I noticed that the ppc386.cfg had paths that
+ referred to $Target, I also noticed that the make file exported
$Target_OS,
+ yet it seems to find the right OS, so I don't get it.

Under normal conditions you don't have to set these.

Marc