[lazarus] Windows binary of Lazarus available

Ronan van Riet ronan at cybertech.demon.nl
Wed Apr 11 04:46:52 EDT 2001

Michael,

This is great news! Will you be adding the link and some text to the Lazarus
web site too?

I have just downloaded and extracted the file to c:\pp

> Anyway here is the URL for the Win32 binary of Lazarus
>
>   ftp://lazarus.freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarusw32.zip
>
> You can either install this right into your c:/pp directory, which will
> place the .exe into the c:/pp/bin/win32 directory and the units into the
> c:/pp/units/win32 directory, or you can unzip them into a separate
> Lazarus directory. If you place them into a separate directory you will
> then need to modify the ppc386.cfg file to include the search path for
> units to this new location.

What do I do after this? When I try and run lazarus.exe I get a dll
gdk-1.3.dll could not be found.
Is this something I need to download? Where?

Kind regards,

Ronan van Riet