[lazarus] Win32 binary now available!

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Fri Apr 13 10:48:13 EDT 2001

Greetings,

I have placed a Win32 binary on the ftp site. This one has the
Speedbutton problem corrected so you can now see the IDE working. There
are still some issues with Win32. It appears that you can't currently
place a component onto the form. Since this does work in Linux it is
curious that it doesn't work in Win32. However these are the kinds of
issues that we will be wanting people to find out and report as bugs so
that we can track it down. It could be an issue like the Speedbutton
where it is a bug that Linux can deal with but Win32 doesn't.

Another issue that needs to be resolved deals with fonts. The default
font used currently doesn't work well in Win32. It makes the Menubar to
large causing it to droop down over the Speedbuttons. This is being
looked into.

Here is the URL for the Win32 build. I will attempt to set this up to
start doing nightly builds for Win32 as well.

  ftp://lazarus.freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarusw32.zip

Either unzip this into the c:\pp directory where you have FPC or place
it in a separate directory. If you do place it in a separate directory
be sure to modify ppc386.cfg to add the units directory to the search
path.