[lazarus] More testing with 1.0.5 as it is now.

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Dec 13 10:22:08 EST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:22:40 +0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)
> Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:
>
> The cvs gives permission denieds,
> >
> > I have fixed this.
>
> Thx, that helps a lot.

As of now, a cron job fixes the permissions every night, so
if it occurs again, it should be fixed quickly.

> > > the process.pp overloads important structures of classes.pp, TFilestream was
> > > unusable (This was fixed), execl is restricted to shortstring, and the fpc
> > > sometimes can't compile the lazarus IDE in one step (this bug was not in the
> > > fpc from 8/15), ...
> >
> > I will add an overloaded version of execl which accepts an ansistring
> > or a pchar.
>
> Why not simply change 'ToDo: string' to 'ToDo: ansistring' ?
>

> > just comment this stupid TPoint/TRect overloading in process.pp.
> >
> > I will take care of this as well.
> >
> > Both things (TPoint,ExecL issue) should be finished tonight.
>
> It's getting better and better ... :)

We aim to please...

> > My apologies for the late reaction, but I am indeed very busy, and have
> > been skipping many lazarus messages.
>
> Hmm. I did not expect, my fpc problems can be solved over the lazarus mailing list. :)
> I thought, that a cute bug report is more helpful. But obviously I'm wrong.

Can you give me the numbers of the bugreports ?

> > Luckily I read this one at least :)
>
> Hopefully, no one gets the idea to report fpc bugs to this list. ;)

The chance that I read it is then smaller than when they contact me or
send a bugreport. It's sheer luck I happened to read this one.

Michael.