[lazarus] Form options to not hide, and other stuff

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Dec 14 05:50:18 EST 2001

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 08:15:24 +1100
John August <johna at babel.apana.org.au> wrote:

> > Docking is not implemented yet. You have to position the forms manually. See runparamsopts.pas for an example. There the form is positioned in the form's constructor.
>
> You are talking about "SetBounds" ? Where is some documentation on it ?
> Is it a lazarus, or a ppc function ?

Sorry, there is no documentation yet. But it is the same procedure as in Delphi:
Every TControl has this:

    procedure SetBounds(aLeft, aTop, aWidth, aHeight : integer);

All interfaces of the lazarus component library can be found in the lcl dir. Just grep:

grep -in "setbounds" <lazarusdir>/lcl/*

> With the source I am using, there seem to be no explicit creation code
> which sets up a heirachy, with the various forms and components being
> created and allocated to a parent.
>
> But perhaps I misunderstand what is going on in Delphi.

The Parent property defines the visual hierachy. In Delphi6 this is shown in the component tree above the object inspector. But currently the form editing in the L. ide is buggy and thus you have to do it yourself in source.
(As soon as the lcl has a nice treeview, I will create a component tree, since I missed this thing since Delphi4).

> Since I've added the compiler path, I can create a new project. However,
> when I try to open a given project, there's an error :
>
> forms.pp - finalization section

This line indicates, that the program was halted. The error must be above this line.
If there is no useful message, activate the IDE_DEBUG define in <lazarusdir>/include/ide.inc and do a 'make cleanall all'.

> OK, it does compile now. I have difficulty loading files into my own
> project, and replacing the default "unit1.pas".

What difficulties?

> Er ... now it compiles without problem, and I'd have to search for the
> links and sub directories where I've linked files in. Sorry, I'm not keen
> to do that :(

linked files?

> I'm also trying to get the arc function going, without any luck. Do you
> have any demonstration programs incorporating it ?

Sorry, Arc is not implemented yet.

I hope, further replies will also send to "johna at babel.apana.org.au"

Mattias