[lazarus] hello lazarus team

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Dec 15 05:30:12 EST 2001

> Great!
> I'm waiting for such a person for many months. Seems to be xmas is near.
>
> There is already a lot of help material for freepascal. See www.freepascal.org and lookout for the newest version. They have updated many documents in the last few weeks.
>
> The missing part is of course the help system (I prefer an online help system) and the docs for the LCL and the IDE. I think the Delphi help is a good example. (Kylix help is a bad one).
>
> Has anyone an idea how the online help system should work?
> html, remote control the default browser, devhelp, own help system ...?

Personally I hate browser based help, it is too slow, and would be sad to
slow down a relative fast system with it.

I have been thinking for a while about this too, and came down on the .hlp
format.

Reading/writing the .hlp format is no problem, but one obtains a kind of
dumbed down RTF. How difficult would it be to render something like that?