[lazarus] Updates

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Wed Dec 19 16:14:28 EST 2001

Lazarus does hang once in a while for some reson which is related to the hints.  At this point I just remember to not move the mouse when I run Lazarus until it's done loading.

I want to complete the breakpoints dialog and the Add Breakpoints dialog soon.  However I see you are having some issue with the TComboBox?  Can you explain that a bit for me?

Thanks
Shane

Shane wrote:
> I will look at the hints tomorrow.  Perhaps I can find a fix to the
> underlying problem.

If you want to find the Real Reason, you have to dig deep and find
out why the Timer-code hangs:

HintTimer.Enabled:=false;
HintTimer.Enabled:=true;

This happens only in MouseMove during startup. I haven't been
able to crash it otherwise when I've tried to make a simple testcase.

IMHO your time would be better spent finishing TListView and
fixing the focus-problem in TComboBox which prevents us from
using Find-history.

Please consider applying the two patches I posted last week.

/jarto