[lazarus] Updates

Jarto Tarpio jarto at starsoft.fi
Thu Dec 20 02:05:19 EST 2001

Hi Shane,

> Lazarus does hang once in a while for some reson which is related
> to the hints.  At this point I just remember to not move the mouse
> when I run Lazarus until it's done loading.

As I wrote, the problem is with disabling and enabling the
hinttimers during mousemove while the editor starts. You can verify
this by just adding an exit in the beginning of the HintTimerClick-
code. No hints-code is executed but the ide hangs if you move the
mouse over the editor during startup.

I have spent a lot of time tracking this down last week and posted
two patches that fix this problem in both uniteditor.pp and main.pp.
My fix is based on letting the timers run all the time. I handle the
enbling/disabling with a separate HintCounter.

I can redo the patches once more so you'll get fresh patches to
apply if I just get a green light from you.

> I want to complete the breakpoints dialog and the Add Breakpoints
> dialog soon.  However I see you are having some issue with the
> TComboBox?  Can you explain that a bit for me?

TComboBox.SetFocus doesn't give focus to the combobox. Make
a simple project with one button and one combobox to test this.
Also notice that the focus disappears somewhere just before the
combobox if you move focus by pressing tab.

/jarto