[lazarus] [Fwd: controversy]

Tue Feb 27 18:11:51 EST 2001

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Michael A. Hess wrote:

> Man oh man is this show going to be interesting. Can you actually
> believe that some of the developer community is actually upset and
> called Borland.   :-\
>
> Befuddles me.

Me too, but that happens every day. People are really weird on this planet;
Where I come from (Betelgeuze 3) people are much more easy going and
cooperative.

That said, I think you should allow them to call. Just make a point that
Lazarus was started before Kylix was (FPC even earlier), with the same
goal: Create Delphi for Linux. Also say that the Compiler, IDE and some
of Borland's technology (Midas, DBExpress) are NOT open source, and that
this is the gap you're trying to fill.

You know, the kind of 'Pascal guys should stick together in the cruel C
world' talk.

Michael.