[lazarus] [Fwd: controversy]

Codepunk codepunk at linuxfreak.com
Tue Feb 27 19:30:36 EST 2001

First of all Michael, the only important fact in this whole deal is that
you, shane and myself started lazarus way before they even thought about
porting delphi to linux. This is also even before they started in with their
customer surveys. Why do these kylix fanatics think Borland even considered
the idea of porting? As far as I see it kylix may have never even happened
if it was not for community outcry and pressure by us. Of course they are
ahead of us in the port, they have the code. Borland new very well that it
was going to happen if they wanted it to or not. So they did the only thing
they could do and start the port.

Also everyone is bitching about the price of kylix, just one more reason for
lazarus to succeed. If a high enough quality of tool is generated by the
team it will force the inflated value of kylix down making it affordable.

Mike how long has borland been hitting the web server? If I remember
correctly it was way before the customer survey as well as the kylix
announcement.

I have not contributed in so long my two cents is about worth one but I am
throwing it out anyhow.

BTW lazarus will be two years old in a week.

Cliff