[lazarus] Recompiles still seem to be needed

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed Jan 10 11:59:40 EST 2001

Marc Weustink wrote:

> First (if you've used ppc directly) remove all .o and .ppu files you
> find in the lazarus dir.

I only ever use 'make'. I never use ppc386 directly. I only did so a few
minutes ago to test Shane's statement with regards to the Access
Violation.

> The makefiles place the units in separate dirs,

Correct.

> use them from those dirs and will only clean those dirs.

Negative. I did a 'make clean' and it dit NOT remove any of the .o or
.ppu from the various 'units' directories. I had to manually remove
those files to clean those directories. The 'make clean' should remove
them.

> If that doesn't work, please let me know which units couldn't be
> found.

As stated above the 'make clean' doesn't do a complete clean correctly.

As to the lazarus build itself. I have manually cleaned and made sure
that no .o .ppu files exist in the Lazarus tree. Then from the IDE's
directory I do a 'make'.

This call to 'make' errors with unit 'Interfacebase' not fould. I check
and the .o and .ppu do exist.   :-\

I call 'make' again. This time it goes until it errors with unit
'Controls' not found.

'Make' again errors with unit 'Forms' not found.

'Make' again errors with unit 'StdCtrls' not found.

'Make again and this time Lazarus is built.

The only significant difference is the fact that I am using a compiler
cycled from the main branch and not from the fixed branch. However this
shouldn't make a difference. (at least I don't think so).