[lazarus] Newbie - Compilation problem

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Sun Jan 14 15:53:29 EST 2001

At 02:33 15-01-01 -0800, Torben von Deyen wrote:

>/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lgdk: No such file or directory
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/fpc/lazarus

Do you have gdk installed ?

other whise look at the following thread:

http://www.miraclec.com/list_archives/lazarus/3-9-00_4-24-00/msg00084.html

   This sounds familiar. A while ago there was a discussion
   about this. You can look at:
   http://www.miraclec.com/list_archives/lazarus/10-22-99_3-8-00/threads.html
   Search for: [lazarus] Linking Error
   In short: look if you have libX11.so (as a sysmlink to libX11.so.?.?)
     >From: Peter Vreman <peter at freepascal.org>
     >At 18:25 21-2-00 , you wrote:
     >>I got it to work.
     >>Corel had libX11.so.6.3 but didn't have a link called libX11.so so it
     >>wasn't finding it.
     >The reason is that he doesn't have the -dev package installed.
     >Only the -dev packages contain *.so files. The libs packages
     >contain the *.so.* files only which are needed to run the programs.

Tell me if this solves your problem (I'll make a faq from this)

Marc