[lazarus] Newbie - Compilation problem

Torben von Deyen torben at vondeyen.dk
Sun Jan 14 17:54:11 EST 2001

I did't have the gdk installed, so I downloaded and installed
gtk+-devel-1.2.6-1.i386.rpm from Red Hat. And the compilation came further:

But it then came with:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lX11: No such file or directory

I made the symlink libX11.so to the libX11.so.x.y (as written in your discussion group).
The compilation continued, but now this:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lglib: No such file or directory

The answer might then be "you must install the glibc packages" ?? But I got the libc
packages installed isn't it the same? or..

Torben.