[lazarus] Succesfull compilation

Torben von Deyen torben at vondeyen.dk
Wed Jan 17 16:58:35 EST 2001

Hi

I'm now able to compile Lazarus. All the trouble
GTK disappeared after removing the old GTK packages and installing the
glib-1.2.6.tar.gz and gtk+-1.2.6.tar.gz from <A
href="http://www.gtk.org">www.gtk.org. Previouslly I installed the GTK as
binary packages (rpm), and something must have gone wrong during installation
(maybe because the packages was converted to .deb as my system is Corel
Linux).

Since so many are having problems compiling Lazarus,
it could be a good idea of making a troubleshooting page on Lazarus
web site, e.g. about compilation problems on Linux platform - this might
also bring some more interest to the Lazarus project - the cool about this
project is that it is opensource.

Torben.