[lazarus] installation problem

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Mon Jan 22 16:53:29 EST 2001

"F.A.S. van Geene" wrote:

> >>Free Pascal Compiler version 1.0.2 [2000/10/12] for i386
> >                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > You need a 1.0.5 compiler
>
> This is the latest version I could find for Win32 (on freepascal.org).

Actually 1.0.4 is the latest official release of FPC. It is what is
presented as being available on the

      http://www.freepascal.orgdownload.html#Win32

page.

However to get the 1.0.5 version you must either

1.  get the source out of CVS and cycle a compiler yourself using
    v1.0.4.

2.  Get snapshot of a build of the win32 compiler. Be sure to get the
    snapshot from the v10 directory.