[lazarus] Project support

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Mar 3 07:59:44 EST 2001

Hi all,

I comitted project support for the IDE.
The program source is now maintained automatically similar to Delphi. For
example adding a unit will add the unit to the uses section of the program,
"Save As" will rename the unitname, etc ...
A lazarus project is saved as the program file and the lpi (Lazarus Project
Info) file. The lpi file contains information about all units and files
belonging to the program/application/..., the compiler options and the
project options. The lpi file also stores information about all loaded
files in the source editor, in order to restore all opened files. The lpi
format is xml.

The code has bugs, which I hope will be fixed in a few days.
Known issues:
-closing the leftmost editor page will sometimes crash the IDE. This bug
also prevents closing a project. Therefore you can not create or open a
project. The bug seems to be in the lcl. I had not the time to fix it yet.
-Open File at cursor is turned off. It will be available again in a few
days.
-The editor caption is not updated correctly. Missing feature in the lcl.
-forms can be saved but not loaded.

Mattias