[lazarus] how to get a non-rpm source for 1.0.5 compiler?

Neil Koozer neildoris at uswest.net
Sat Mar 10 13:46:54 EST 2001

After waiting 1.5 yrs for Kylix, I find that it's unobtainable, so I want to
check out Lazarus.  Maybe I can find some way to contribute.

I don't have an RPM-based system, so I was searching for the sources of the
1.0.5 compiler.  It was very confusing because there are no version numbers
on the source files.  rpm2tgz seems to be no longer around, so I fear that
it had problems.  My system had RPM installed at one time, but I had to
remove it in order to compile KDE.

So I'm wondering how to go about finding some normal tar.gz source files for
the 1.0.5 thing and how to know what all files constitute the complete
source.

Thanks in advance.
Neil.