[lazarus] how to get a non-rpm source for 1.0.5 compiler?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Mar 10 14:11:21 EST 2001

> After waiting 1.5 yrs for Kylix, I find that it's unobtainable, so I
> want to check out Lazarus.  Maybe I can find some way to contribute.
>
> I don't have an RPM-based system, so I was searching for the sources of
> the 1.0.5 compiler.  It was very confusing because there are no version
> numbers on the source files.  rpm2tgz seems to be no longer around, so I
> fear that it had problems.  My system had RPM installed at one time, but
> I had to remove it in order to compile KDE.

1.0.5 is a development version (1.0.4 is the last release), which fixes
some  bugs crucial for Lazarus.

Daily 1.0.5 sources (though those are probably newer than the ones
commonly  used by Lazarus) are obtainable from
ftp.freepascal.org:/pub/fpc/source/fpc10.zip

To compile these you only need a 1.0.4 release compiler (or a 1.0.5).
FPC compilers are static, so that binary is not linux specific.

FreeBSD compilers can be made using the same way starting from a
FreeBSD native release or 1.0.5 compiler, OR a linux compiler if
linux compability is enabled (default), though you need to stop at the
linking stage then, and link by hand (using ppas.sh)

Marco van de Voort (MarcoV at Stack.nl or marco at freepascal.org)