[lazarus] Some new Tests of the IDE

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Mar 22 12:53:36 EST 2001

On 2001.03.22 10:43:48 +0100 Jens Arm wrote:
> 3. In the Object-Inspector, if I click the PLUS-sign in the FONT property
> then FONT-properties expand. Now click there the plus sign of the
> STYLE-property the STYLE-properties expand. If you now click on the
> MINUS-sign to hide the STYLE-props all other props under the STYLE-props
> are gone away!

bug fixed

> 8. If I set the gutter width to 20 or so the breakpoint-bitmap in the
> editor is drawn at the wrong position (under the text). (Looks awful)

This is the synedit behaviour. Leftmost is the place for the bookmark and
right to the bookmark place come the others. I don't like it too. When I
have the time for cosmethics, I will change this.

> 9. In the editor options on the display page there are the labels right
> margin color and gutter color where is the button for these labels?

bug fixed

> 10. It would be nice if it is possible to leave the editing of e.g. the
> width Properties in the objectinspector by using the return key like in
> Delphi.

The object inspector would like to. But the combobox has another opinion.
:(

> 1. If I move some controls (Text, Label, ...) the control jumps between
> the upper left corner and the normal position of the form, while moving.
> Some other controls work fine with moving.
> 2. The grabbers don't work for resizing.
> 4. If I save a form the first time it works to open the form, but if I
> save then some changed things and open it again then the old things from
> the first save are shown. It seems that the changes aren't saved.
> 5. The IDE SegFaults if I drop a Menu, Timer (I think all non-visible) on
> the form.
> 6. In the environment options the grid size things don't work.
> 7. If I load a form the combobox in the object inspector isn't filled.
> (perhaps this has some relations to point 4 ?)
> 11. If you use the scroller in the source editor the text will be marked.
> 12. If you click on the scroller in the source editor the line will be
> marked with a breakpoint.
> 13. If I change the name of a control in the object inspector the change
> isn't made in the source.
> 14. If I change the color-props nothing happends.

Not implemented yet. The points are on my wishlist as well.

Mattias