[lazarus] CVS problems

Markku Niskanen markku.niskanen at iki.fi
Mon Nov 12 15:05:54 EST 2001

I have had problems getting the CVS tree. I have
the lazarus directory on drive c: in directory \opt\lazarus.
Everything worked just fine until a few weeks ago I
deleted the tree and reloaded (made a checkout).
After that I have not been able to update at all.

What I did in WinCVS 1.0.6 was as follows:
- change to c:\opt
cvs -z3 checkout lazarus
--> all the files are downloaded but...

-----------<clip>-------------------
*****CVS exited normally with code 0*****
cvs checkout: in directory lazarus:
cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or
directory
cvs server: Updating lazarus
U lazarus/Makefile
cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries.Log: No such file or directory
U lazarus/Makefile.fpc
cvs...
etc.
------------</ clip> ----------------

The result is that there is no version information in
the directories and whenever I try the update command
I get  the  result:

-----------<clip>--------------------------------
cvs -z3 update lazarus

*****CVS exited normally with code 0*****

cvs server: nothing known about lazarus

cvs -z3 update

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

cvs update: in directory .:
cvs [update aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout'
first

Any ideas?

markku.niskanen at iki.fi