[lazarus] Small things (details)

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Nov 19 10:53:06 EST 2001

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:21:11 -0300
"Luis R. Hilario" <l_hilario at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Now the logo needs border. :)

Yep. Then we can also move it from the code to a resource.

> > I added a simple MessageDlg for About Lazarus.
> > Everyone is welcome to write a nice 'About Lazarus Dialog' with Logo and hints.
>
> This already implemented the color for the windows?

No.
You can use the form canvas to paint and see lcl/include/messagedialogs.inc how to draw pictures.

> > > If it is done clic in "Run" does not pass anything.
> >
> > Run just builds and starts the program. There is currently no debugger, so the IDE will not switch to debugger mode. If you write a console program, you will not see anything, since the program is executed in background. If you write a window application, your program should appear.
>
> Not, not it is executing the program and is compiled.

It does not compile? Is there any error message?

> Now not it can save the projects, this error occurs:
>
> TPascalParserTool.BuildTree A OnlyInterfaceNeeded=FALSE
> An unhandled exception occurred at 0x0815BD11 :
> List index exceeds bounds (-1)
>   0x0815BD11
>   0x00000000

I need some more output to fix that.
Plz activcate in include/ide.inc the IDE_DEBUG define, do a 'make clean all' and send me the output (e.g. last 100 lines).

New:
I added a quick 'Syntax Check' to the Tool menu. If there is an error, it will jump to the error line and mark it. You can also define a shortcut for this function in the editor options.
This syntax check is much faster than the compiler, but it only checks basic type syntax.

Mattias