[lazarus] New Bugs

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Apr 5 13:02:36 EST 2002

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 17:14:16 +0200
Jens Arm <Jens.Arm at gmx.de> wrote:

> Some new Bugs:
>
> ================
>
> 1. Project Options / Forms: If you send a autocreate forms to the available
>    Forms. The code gets updated correctly, but if you switch the form back to
>    auto, the source isn't updated.

fixed.

> ================
>
> 2. Can not start LAZARUS (Floating-Point (Invalid Operation)):
>    If I start Lazarus I can see the splash, then only the window-frame
>    of the Sourceeditor, but nothing more :(
>
>    I have looked a bit into the code and I have found the position of
>    the error. It is in the function GTKVScrollCB in gtkcallback.inc.
>    Perhaps the same can occur in the second scrollbar function!?!
>    The Floatingpoint-Exception is generated by a line around 1300. Which is
>    PageI := Round(Page_Increment). I have looked, what is in Page_Increment
>    and it is a very big number (4.294967296E+09), which looks like
>    causing the problem. If I change the round to trunc it works. I don't know,
>    if then the result is the wanted? I have such a problem with floating point
>    in another program, too. Could it be that there are some bugs in the FPC-Floating
>    Point code??
>
>    This is the output while starting:
>
> [laser at laser lazarus]$ ./lazarus
> [...]
> STOPPOK: [TGtkObject.SetText] Possible superfluous use of SetText, use SetLabel instead!
> [TMainIDE.Destroy] A
> [TMainIDE.Destroy] B  -> inherited Destroy...
> [TMainIDE.Destroy] END
> An unhandled exception occurred at 0x081D77AD :
> Invalid floating point operation
>   0x081D77AD
>   0x402EC334  main,  line 257 of graphics.pp
>   0x00010001

Shane has reported the same error. I can only guess, what the bug is, since I there are not much hints. Although it's true, there are some strange things in floating point and fpc.
I have added some bound checks for OI and synedit scrollbars. Does this help?

> 3. The 'close all' menu item should close the open Project, too. Like in Kylix/Delphi.

For lazarus a project is not neccessarily a program, but rather a session. The project info file .lpi stores all the information to restore the current state, when u restart lazarus or reopen the project. When u really want to close the project, then u don't want sessions. Why that?

> 4. In the 'remove from project'-Dialog nothing in shown.

Hmm. Seems to work for me. It shows no units, if there is no project unit left except the main source. 'View Units' shows the same but also the main source.
Can u send me an example or a hint how to reproduce this?
Does Add to project work?

Mattias