[lazarus] How do I make a form? (Win32) pure newbie questions...

Daniel Umoh dswazz at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 23 21:27:34 EDT 2002

Hello, first of all I am using Windows (win32).
I'm a newbie to Free pascal and lazarus. What I want
to use the compiler(s) for is to compile a basic form
and some code that acesses a DLL programmed in Delphi.
I suppose I should say that the DLL is a game engine
programmed using DirectX. I want to use Free
Pascal/Lazarus to compile a form for playing the game
in and to compile the game code that accesses the DLL
engine.

All of this information might be irrelevant to you,
basically I've had no luck in finding information on
how to display a form. What components do I need and
how do I use them. Can I compile delphi forms(.dfm) or
do I need to use something else?
Right now I can't even use Lazarus because it keeps
giving me the error message that it can't find
GTK-1.3.DLL. Where can I get that?

Final question, does Free Pascal/Lazarus support all
the OOP features of Delphi such as Inheritance, Classes.