[lazarus] Installling Lazarus on Windows Me

The Gauthiers ggauthier at execulink.com
Mon Aug 19 21:48:20 EDT 2002

Has anyone some somewhat detailed notes on installing and CONFIGURING the
two software packages. I can get it installed but can't configure Lazarus to
compile anything, and can't get any of the controls onto the form. In the
first instance, it keeps saying to check the compiler name. In the latter,
it won't allow me to place a control on the form and the dos window says
something about a tag > 0.

I am getting really frustrated with the package. It looks so promising its
painful, but don't think I've ever seen less in the way of
setup/configuration information in any distributed application.

I've even downloaded the source and tried to compile Lazarus, only to find
it seems to think its on a UNIX system and wants make to be in the /usr/bin
directory. I know make is available in the path. I can call make  from any
prompt( and I've checked the case of the path as noted in one FAQ or
another).

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards;
Gary