[lazarus] More IDE bugs

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Aug 27 11:29:33 EDT 2002

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:29:52 +0200 (CEST)
Javier <javuchi77 at yahoo.es> wrote:

> unit1.pas(8,37) Fatal: Can't find unit CONTROLS.
>
> But the incredible thing is that now I'm not able to compile any
> project  at all! 30 minutes ago I was able, and I have not been
> recompiled Lazarus.
>
> Next, I have read the FAQs, so I proceed to recompile Lazarus:
>
> cd /usr/src/lazarus
> make clean
> make
> make install
>
> and run it. (Note: I use fpc 1.0.6)
>
> and test again. But it still does not work.
> So I remove ~/.lazarus directory again... and it worked!! Lazarus is
> now able to compile a project.
> So the problem seems to be on Lazarus configuration files placed in
> ~/.lazarus in combination with Lazarus compilation options. I'm not
> able to figure out why this happens. It seems to happen randomly when
> compiling Lazarus and/or doing some things with the configuration.
> Elsewhere, it stops doing so when rebuilding Lazarus and removing
> ./~lazarus, both at the same time.

The only relevant thing for the compiler stored in the ~/.lazarus directory is the compiler path and the lazarus path. All other things should be in the .lpi file of the project.
Plz start Lazarus in a terminal and compile your project. You will see a line starting with
[TCompiler.Compile] CmdLine="/usr/bin/ppc386 ...
Plz send this line to this list, so the exact compiler parameters can be seen.

Mattias