[lazarus] Maybe a stupid question, but

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Dec 13 11:19:40 EST 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:12:48 +0100 (CET)
matooo at email.si wrote:

> Quoting Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:
>
> > On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:46:26 +0100 (CET)
> > matooo at email.si wrote:

> > > Not even 15 minutes after sending this question, I was trying grids
> > demo
> > > and saw that one. thanX anyway
> > >
> > > But gtk2 question is still valid (and maybe stupid :-$ ). When I use
> > > glade2 and gcc (but,... to keep using them is not what I wish) to
> > make
> > > some simple gtk software, I have no trouble with slo chars. gtk2
> > solved
> > > that nicely. Slo chars in gtk1 were never really solved. And I
> > suspect
> > > many other share the same problem with their special country
> > characters.
> > > Question has occured when I saw gtk2 headers for pascal somewhere on
> > the
> > > net.(at least if I remember correctly)
> >
> > Probably you mean gtk2forpascal on sourceforge. I'm one of the
> > developers
> > and I did it for lazarus. But I didn't find the time, to create a gtk2
> > interface for the lcl. If someone wants to try it, just mail.
> >

> are there some interfaces to unfinished or is it just not tested?

The gtk2 interface has not yet been started. The idea is, to inherit from
the gtk1 interface and just overload any procedure that needs some
adaptions. So, I think, a basic gtk2 interface can be created very fast.
After that all the changes listed on www.gtk.org must be checked. And I
estimate, that this will take at least a full week of work.

> testing is no problem, as for finishing, well maybe but I can't promise
> full dedication.

Any help is appreciated.

Mattias