[lazarus] some IDE problems and more

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Dec 15 08:12:02 EST 2002

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002 14:40:41 -0600 (CST)
Jesus Reyes <jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx> wrote:

> Hi, I have some problems with current lazarus version
> (13-dec-2002 cvs updated):

All these bugs are known.
Most of them are simply because of not implemented features.

> 1) Some editor hotkeys doesn't work since i first
> tried lazarus (ctrl+F9, markers ctrl+0..9, sctrl+0..9
> for example) but others does ( ctrl+s, ctrl+o). I
> tried to change key mappings in the past but IDE
> crashed and was very difficult to recover so I'm
> afraid to do it again ;).
>
> 2) While double clicking components on form editor or
> pressing "..." on events in object inspector does
> locate/create corresponding event code, it doesn't
> show the text cursor (maybe a setfocus is missing?)

I have not yet discovered a solution, how to switch via the gtk the focus
from one window to another.

> 3) If I insert one group of buttons, create its events
> handlers and then wanted to change components name's
> all seems to work but the corresponding events handler
> names doesn't change (I can't express it correctly in
> english, sorry) I mean:
> a) before rename: button1CLICK(..)
> b) rename button1->btnChoose
> c) after rename: button1CLICK(..)  But IMHO it should
> be btnChooseCLICK().  This is a problem because if you
> add another button the name assigned to it is:
> button1!, and all kinds of funny things happen.
>
> 4) TScrollingwincontrol doesn't support child
> controls, i mean, while you can set for ex
> Edit1.parent:=Grid1.Parent, edit1.setfocus fails!
> (sorry I don't remember error message but it was
> somthing related to fixed widget)

There is a 'solution' (using fixed widgets in gtkwinapiwindow.pp), but it is
so slow, that I'm searching for another one.

> 5) I tried to install grids components in the IDE so I
> followed instructions on customidecomps.pas and build
> lazarus but doesn't work!, trying to find why i
> noticed that no single file on lazarus tree references
> customidecomps except by the file it self. I'm missing
> something?

It is referenced by idecomp.pp and will be used, when you add
'-dCustomIDEComps' to the build lazarus dialog.

> 6) For the next it would be easier to download
> mysql_querier form http://mx.geocities.com/jesusrmx/
> to see what I mean [the english problem again :(].
> I was trying to find out why grid.anchors does reduce
> its bounds to the original created ones (look at
> Form1CREATE in main form) so I started to find anchors
> property (ctrl+click: what i nice feature!) that took
> me to published anchors property in grids.pas,
> ctrl+click again on anchors  property should take me
> to ancestor anchors declaration but it won't. A error
> about it can't find stdctrls on the console appears
> TCodeToolManager.HandleException: "unit not found
> StdCtrls" at line ...., Ctrl+clicking or Ctrl+Enter on
> grids.pas stdctrls uses declaration wont work, Now the
> funny thing, if I go to the mainunit.pas editor window
> and tried ctrl+clicking or ctrl+enter on its stdctrls
> uses declaration it works!.
> I've added the path to grids.pas on run->compiler
> options->Other unit files and other sources.
> Compiling it's fine but browsing files "external to
> proyect directory" doesn't work or again is something
> bad in my setup?.
>
> 7) Menu items (appart from mainmenu) don't show
> undelined character, "&Edit"
>
> 8) You can show Scrollbars in TScrollinwincontrol with
> visible:=true but visible:=false dont hide them.
>
> is someone working on TAction & TAction list
> components?

No. Feel free to help us.

Mattias