[lazarus] lazarus/kylix

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Feb 6 03:22:52 EST 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Liebrecht Venter wrote:

> If Michael Hess already forwarded the following questions/remarks to you
> please accept my apologies. I read the recent comments about Kylix (use
> of QT colors and fonts) and maybe (2) hereunder is relevant....The
> "building fontmatrix" is very suspicious indeed smelling like
> wine.........wine builds a fontmatrix...too much of a coincidence and
> wine-applications also tends to  swim on linux. I dont know enough about
> toolkits,,,but it is suspicious.

Kylix IS built on Wine. It is just the Delphi IDE (with some windows-specific
things removed) running under Wine. This is true for Kylix 1 and Kylix
2. Most likely, the release of BCB (planned in April, if I remember correct)
will also be under Wine.

The applications created by Kylix are native Linux binaries, though.

Michael.