[lazarus] make zipinstall not working

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Tue Feb 12 04:02:56 EST 2002

> Well doing a 'make ide' after the 'make all' does seem to build the IDE
> OK now. However this is strange as all get out. Since it is doing the
> exact same function what makes it different.   :-\
>
> Anyway I can build the app now. However now the nightly build goofs up
> trying to do a 'make zipinstall'. It places the application in the file
> but none of the unit files. It appears that it is placing the
> allunits.ppu files from each of the sections but none of the actual .ppu
> files.
>
> I have tried to look through the makefile to figure it out but my head
> starts to hurt after tracing through it. Does someone understand and
> know what is going on any why the zipinstall does work anymore?

make install tries only to install the units listed in [targets] units line. In the latest
fpcmake revision i send to you an additional key implicitunits is added to also list the
units to install that are build implicitly in the build process. The updated Makefile.fpc
that i've send should have this key set