[lazarus] CVS changes

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Fri Feb 22 10:17:39 EST 2002

+ From: Mattias Gaertner [mailto:nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de]
+
+ Shane and I do not like the Delphi way. We want realtime
+ wysiwyg. The problem is, that some gtk widgets work
+ differently (mouse capturing), which is IMO a bug in the
+ gtk-interface.

[ list of troubles ]

Still I think (seen the problems you give for mousecapturing) that dragging
a fake image is way easier than dragging the component itself. For dragging
you can grab the image of the component and grab that, so the one get still
the impression one is draging a control. An advantage maybe is that one
still can see the original place of the component (if one for example wants
to align relative to to original position)

In any case I think you need the TInterfaceControlFlags, to control the
initial grabbing.

+ I also suggest to add a preview design mode. That means, the IDE can show
the
+ user at any time a form with the real components, which is of course not
editable.

hmm.... I don't mis that feature.

Marc