[lazarus] CVS changes

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Feb 22 10:35:47 EST 2002

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:08:17 +0100
"Marc Weustink" <Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl> wrote:

> + From: Mattias Gaertner [mailto:nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de]
> +
> + Shane and I do not like the Delphi way. We want realtime
> + wysiwyg. The problem is, that some gtk widgets work
> + differently (mouse capturing), which is IMO a bug in the
> + gtk-interface.
>
> [ list of troubles ]
>
> Still I think (seen the problems you give for mousecapturing) that dragging
> a fake image is way easier than dragging the component itself.

Easier?

> For dragging
> you can grab the image of the component and grab that, so the one get still
> the impression one is draging a control. An advantage maybe is that one
> still can see the original place of the component (if one for example wants
> to align relative to to original position)

Good point. Although I think, that having a component and an stretched image does not look nice. I prefer a dotted rectangle to show the old position. But the nicest way would be an transparent image. If we can manage that, then I'm on your side.

> In any case I think you need the TInterfaceControlFlags, to control the
> initial grabbing.
>
> + I also suggest to add a preview design mode. That means, the IDE can show
> the
> + user at any time a form with the real components, which is of course not
> editable.
>
> hmm.... I don't mis that feature.

you will, if we add fake design components. ;)

Mattias