[lazarus] Changelog question

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Tue Mar 19 14:14:19 EST 2002

>>>Would it be possible to remove the ever-repeating changelogs from the
>>>end of each file and perhaps create a separate Changelog file?
>And as I said, I am bothered when I grep for some expression and find this
>expression in always longer changelogs, copied across multiple files. It
>makes 'grep' often useless.
>
>Lazarus is the only project that does this I've seen so far.

With the compiler we use it also, it's very easy because you can search for
$Log and check what was changed in that file without opening to a different
Changelog file.

But there is also a small util in the compiler/utils/ subdir called
fixlog.pp that can remove all old logs after X revisions or logs older than
date Y. This will reduce the amount of logs

Peter