[lazarus] Control not found

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon May 20 05:28:29 EDT 2002

On Mon, 20 May 2002 00:40:51 -0400
Matthew Bradford <mbradford at bahaigear.com> wrote:

> Hello all.  I just downloaded Lazarus and it looks great.  However, I
> think I may have some issues with linking everything properly.  I am
> using FPC 1.0.6 and the latest Lazarus build.  It complied perfectly
> fine and installed to /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib/lcl.  I have
> added the lcl directory to the /etc/fpc.cfg file. (and no there is no
> ppc386.cfg left over since I just rebuilt this machine and have not
> installed any other version of FPC on here.)

I'm not quite sure what you mean with "Control not found". Perhaps you mean "Fatal: Can't find unit CONTROLS" ?

Anyway, I suggest, to use the installation in /usr/local only for dry running LCL applications. To use the IDE you should take a cvs snapshot and use 'make clean all'. Leave the sources and the lazarus binary where they are. You can do that as any user.
If you want a multiuser installation, install the cvs to a directory, where everyone has read perms and link the lazarus binary to /usr/local/bin/lazarus.

Mattias