[lazarus] Just another bug

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Nov 4 09:35:00 EST 2002

On Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:27:16 +0300
"Vasily I. Volchenko" <Vasily.Volchenko at mstu.edu.ru> wrote:

> > Can you describe the error in more detail?
>
> I have no dumps just right now. I wonder, if I need fpc-1.0.7's rtl?
> Or fpc's 1.0.6 works correctly?

This is a question for the fpc cracks.
But in general I would suggest to not mix any parts of the fpc from
different dates.

> I have fpc-1.0.7 (from lazarus site) compiler and fcl, but not rtl and
> packages.

Why that?

> The error happens in multi-form program almost always. Main form works
> fine, but when creating another form (Application.CreateForm),
> debugger sends me to streaming include of classes.pp (somewhat reading
> properties, proptype, as I remember, and there are a lot of ^s there.
> The error is Access violation.

Sounds like the old streaming bug in the fcl. When it happens next time,
plz send the lfm and lrs file of the form with the error. And also the
gdb backtrace.

> In text dump the error message says that property CAPTION, TOP, LEFT
> etc can't be loaded. After that we have the form without initialized
> components.
>
> You may test this error downloading my source
> http://www.ussr.to/Russia/vvi/Lclcmd.zip , then open it in Lazarus,
> change some non-main forms (especially SetsForm). I mean changing
> sizes, moving components. After that the error may occure (but may
> not, probability is about 70 %).

I did a few tests, but nothing happens.
BTW, TListView supports multiselection.

Mattias