[lazarus] Compiling lazarus

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Tue Nov 19 19:27:51 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 10:22, Shane Miller wrote:
> Tony, I loaded up a new Mandrake 9 and tried this out and you are right,
> the binutils needs to be loaded to get the assembler.  Then, you have to
> create a bunch of symbolic links to libX11.so.?.?, libgtk-??.so.?.?,
> etc.  We should find a better way to do this.  This is very confusing
> for people to have to create links to all these files.
>
> On Mandrake 9, I created all the link, ran lazarus and it crashed so now
> I need to determine if I linked to a wrong version of gtk or something.

MMmmm... During Mandrake install I just checked the "development" box
and let Mandrake install all the RPM's automatically for me.  After that
I was pretty much ready to go to install FPC and Lazarus.  I think there
might have been a development library copy of pixbuf or something that
was missing, but that's it.

-Tony