[lazarus] Lazarus freezes XFree86

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Oct 14 14:01:39 EDT 2002

Hi,

I just tried lazarus on redhat 8.0 and ran into a newbie trap.
Hints can freeze your XFree86.
If you encounter such freezes then plz deactivate all hints in the IDE:

Editor Options -> General -> Show Scroll Hint
Editor Options -> CodeTools -> Tooltip symbol Tools
Environment Options -> Form editor -> Miscellaneous -> Show component captions
Environment Options -> Form editor -> Miscellaneous -> Show editor hints
Environment Options -> Desktop -> Hints for component palette
Environment Options -> Desktop -> Hints for main speed buttons

The last two are sometimes hidden, so plz enlarge the dialog.

I found some other bugs as well and I hope to fix them this week.

Mattias