[lazarus] IDL Parser for libIDL, ORBit & bonobo

Florian Klaempfl Florian.Klaempfl at gmx.de
Mon Oct 14 14:53:42 EDT 2002

At 19:17 14.10.2002, you wrote:
>Anyway.. any ideas anyone? Or better yet, a fully functional completely
>FPC derived/compatible non-os/non-cpu specific program, completely under
>the lpgpl, which has already been written!? Or. maybe not.. ;-)

The only thing I can tell is that the DORB and the MT-DORB (google for
their homepages :) ) contain a idl2pas
tool. We're currently working on get these ORBs working with FPC. The main
problem probably is that
all these things are 1.1 based. OTOH maybe the GNOME based lazarus port can
be 1.1 only? I think till
the end of the year 1.0.8 will be out which will be probably the last 1.0.x
release. Shortly after
1.0.8 a 1.9.0 release is planned. It won't replace 1.0.8 but it will be a
pre/beta release for
2.0 (1.1 will become 2.0 when it's finished :) ) So it won't hurt if GNOME
support is 1.1 only.