[lazarus] This may be a feature, but...

Tony Maro tonym at nlisc.com
Thu Oct 17 11:04:39 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 09:52, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > When you are designing controls on a TNotebook, the line-up lines in the
> > designer that show when two controls are on the same line are displaying
> > to match controls on other tab pages that currently can't be seen.
> >
> > This might be by design, but it's certainly not what I'd expect.
>
> My thought was: if you use TNoteBook to create a wizzard and want to put some buttons always at the same position then it is useful. But in all other cases it looks stupid.
> I think, the guidelines should also be improved to not see components on different levels. For example a button in a groupbox need not align to a button on the form.
>
> Comments? Ideas?

That's a good thought - personally though I'd also like an editor option
to just turn that feature off and make it not line up with things on
other tabs at all...  Just a wish list mind you!

Mattias, your Sylpheed sucks. ;-)  It's not wrapping the text to a
descent length, which isn't a problem for reading them, but when I reply
it just goes off the edge of the window...

I know - you're gonna blame my sorry mail reader... LOL

-Tony