[lazarus] Compile freezes up ??

Andrew Johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 19 22:07:13 EDT 2002

Yes,  on 9/21 1.0.7 was declared the required compiler on account of
certain bug fixes which were needed for proper Form streaming, and other
misc. problems in the 1.0.6 compiler. So there is a new 1.0.7 rpm you
can get from the lazarus ftp site, or you can always use the 1.0.7
nightly, or the 1_0_0 fixes branch from fpc cvs(its probably easiest to
get the rpm or nightlies unless you've done it from cvs before). Up
until now lazarus was compiling fine uner 1.0.6, but there were problems
in form streaming on acount of a buffer problem, but I guess now it is
required to compile as well. If you still have issues after upgrading
your compiler, then we can start worrying about verbosity & debugging.
If it IS a compiler issue, on account of the other issues it'll be
easiest if when this problem arrises we just tell people to get a newer
compiler then too try and track it down and make a work around for it.

Andrew