[lazarus] TImage not displaying image?

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 5 00:30:45 EDT 2002

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 22:56:08 -0500
"Tony Maro" <TonyM at nlisc.com> wrote:

>Image1.picture.loadfromfile('/home/tony/test.bmp');
>In design mode, I can choose the same image and it displays it just fine.
Then I really don't get it. The Property Editor runs the Exact same routine,
that is, Picture.LoadFromFile.
I just did the exact same thing as you, without problem. All worked as
expected. Sorry I can't help you more, but this is beyond my ken.  Until I
can reproduce the error, I can't trace it, nor fix it.

>I am running Lazarus on two different machines (work and home) and BOTH do
>the same thing.  Of course >both are Mandrake 8.2 and updated with
>red-carpet... could be a package in there conflicting?

its possible, but I do not know.  I am using Red-Hat 7.3 W/Red-Carpet
without issue. And while I haven't tested image code on any Mandrake system,
since they are both using Ximian, they should have the same versions of the
important packages installed, aka glib, gtk, gdk-pixbuf.

>The crash of the above test complained about line 12 of extctrls.pp and
>line 14 of gtkint.ppgtkproc.inc  ???
line 12... is a part of the file header.. nothing there.
the other is just the button callback handler I believe.

Andrew