[lazarus] CVS updates

Michal Bukovjan bukovjan at mbox.dkm.cz
Thu Sep 5 12:24:14 EDT 2002

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:15:52 +0200
>Michal Bukovjan <bukovjan at mbox.dkm.cz> wrote:
>

>>BUGS:
>>
>>- TMemo will not stream. Try this. Start a new project, put a memo on a
>>from, compile, run, a form will pop up without the memo. There is an
>>error saying that:
>>
>>[DBGTGT] Form Stream "TFORM1" Signature=TPF0
>>[DBGTGT] Form streaming "TFORM1" error: Class TMEMO not found
>>
>>Hmmm.
>>

>Tried, but it worked.
>
>TReader searches for classes in the published variables of the form. If for some reason the IDE fails to add 'Memo1: TMemo' to the source, you will get the above error, when running the program. The IDE has a component class database, so it can load forms without source.

Ha! I found the bug.

Playing with default extensions, I recently switched from .pas to .pp.
So in my /tmp directory, both unit1.pas and unit1.pp existed, unit1.pas
was obsolete, but still there, and when compiling, unit1.pas took
precedence over unit1.pp - therefore this error.

So question is, how to solve this? This will potentially confuse users...

Michal