[lazarus] Lazarus with mysql unit

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Fri Sep 6 15:33:46 EDT 2002

Tony Maro wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 11:29, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
> I'm clueless about how to rebuild everything from the CVS edition.
> Besides, all I really want is the mysql unit for 3.23.  Is there a way I
> can just build the mysql unit for 3.23 and install it into my 1.0.6
> installation?  I tried running "make" from the mysql directory and it
> bombs looking for sysunixh.inc
>
> OR, is it just possible to grab the mysql.pp, mysql_com.pp and
> mysql_version.pp files and place them inside my project so they get used
> instead of the distributed version?

Just do a checkout of fpc/packages/base/mysql

You don't have to get all of fpc.

Then go into that directory and do

    ppc386 mysql.pp

This way it builds the mysql unit to match the current version of the
compiler you are using.

Then move the object files from the /usr/lib/fpc ...../mysql directory
to someplace else. Copy the .o and .ppu files that you just built into
the unit directory and you should be a go with the new code.

At least that is all I did.  ;-)