[lazarus] New component: TScrLabel

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Tue Sep 10 08:58:25 EDT 2002

+ From: Martyn Ranyard [mailto:ranyardm at lineone.net]
+
+ At 02:20 PM 9/10/02 +0200, Marc wrote:
+ >
+ >Hmm.... somehow I got the selected item in the debugger windows
+ (or was that what I still planned to do :-)
+
+ This may be a stupid idea, but wouldn't it be a good idea to abstract the
+ procedures that are dummy, so the end user never gets confused?  Does fpc
+ not support the abstract keyword?  It really would be more friendly, and
+ quicker to find out why something hasn't worked.

In this case not. Here I was my own user. If it was implemented by abstract,
I had to implement it anyway to prevent an exception in the calling code.
In this case I found it more important to implement some debug tools/code
than to spend all the time in implementing a fully operational TListview.

Marc